Dermalogica launches new IonActive™ Power Treatment
Dermalogica announces the launch of IonActive™ Power Treatment, a 45-minute highly active professional skin treatment designed to address predominant skin conditions such as acne, dehydration, sensitivity, and skin ageing. Drawing on professional use only formulas that can be optimized with the latest treatment room technology, the IonActive™ Power Treatment achieves visible, supercharged skin results with no downtime. It is offered exclusively at approved Dermalogica locations by licensed professional skin therapists.
The IonActive™ Power Treatment draws from up to six professional formulas: four IonActives, each one developed to target a specific skin concern, and two Gelloids with skin-specific benefits that can be layered over the IonActives to seal in active ingredients. The professional skin therapist performing the IonActive™ Power Treatment will assess which IonActive™ and Gelloid combination is ideal for each client, based on an initial Face Mapping® skin analysis and consultation.
The first step in the treatment is application of the IonActive™. These highly potent concentrates are applied directly to the skin, and the ionizable formula, meaning it can be converted into ions, or electrically-charged atoms, can be paired with professional modalities such as Microcurrent, Galvanic Iontophoresus, and Ultrasound to enhance ingredient penetration:
- Retinol 1% IonActive™ firms and reduces visible signs of skin ageing. Containing 1% microencapsulated retinol, this IonActive improves skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles, while microencapsulated Chlorella Extract contains the same proteins and amino acids found in dermal fibers, increasing collagen synthesis and improving skin firmness.
- Hyaluronic Acid IonActive™ relieves dehydrated and/or sensitized skin with microencapsulated Na2Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, a building block of Hyaluronic Acid, which aids in cell regeneration and skin hydration. Varying molecule sizes in this IonActive hydrate top layers of the skin, protect again external irritants such as air pollutants, and bind water into deeper layers of the epidermis.
- Oligopeptide IonActive™ treats hyperpigmentation for a more even skin tone. Microencapsulated Diglucosyl Gallic Acid, also known as TriHydroxy Benzoic Acid Alpha Glucoside (THBG), is activated by natural microflora in the upper layers of the stratum corneum and is then converted to TriHydroxy Benzoic Acid (THBA), an anti-inflammatory agent that has four times the antioxidant power of Vitamin C. Together, THBA and THBG help control melanogenesis, reduce pigmentation spots, and inhibit skin redness for a brighter and more balanced skin tone. This IonActive also contains Oligopeptides 34 and 51, which have been shown to significantly reduce melanin production and lighten and brighten skin.
- Niacinamide IonActive™ controls and prevents adult acne. Microencapsulated Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, a stable derivative of Azelaic Acid, inhibits the growth of bacteria, decreases the formation of hyperkeratinized follicles (clogged pores) and reduces swelling and inflammation by scavenging toxins and free radicals in the skin. Colloidal silver and Tea tree extract also act as antibacterial agents and Japanese Knotweed helps control sebum production.
Following application of the IonActive™ and optional use of equipment, the skin therapist applies a Gelloid to further drive ingredients into skin. The two Gelloids are a hybrid of massage mediums and masques and can be paired with LED lights or massage modalities to optimise ingredient penetration:
- ExoThermal Gelloid is a thermal, self-heating formula that instantly warms with the natural heat of human hands and helps penetrate actives. This formula can be optimized with use of Red LED, warm stones, warm peltier, Indirect High Frequency, and manual massage and is ideal for stressed, ageing, or dehydrated skin.
- EndoThermal Gelloid offers a cooling sensation while providing antioxidant protection against photo damage. This formula can be optimized with use of Blue LED, or cold stones, globes or peltier/roller to reduce inflammation, suppress acne, and soothe sensitized skin.
The IonActive™ Power Treatment delivers immediate, noticeable results after just one treatment. For maximum results for more challenging skin concerns, a series of three to six treatments, received once every two to four weeks, is recommended, followed by maintenance treatments twice per year.
Dermalogica’s IonActive™ Power Treatment will be available at all Dermalogica stockist in India.
To request additional information or images on IonActive™ Power Treatment, please contact Sanyukta Pande at email@example.com