Getting a body wrap can feel pretty good. The mere idea of relaxing on a massage table in a darkened room with flickering candles, soft music, slathered in appealing flavors and the skin soaking in all the goodness makes us delighted.
Body wraps are a type of beauty treatment involving the application of skin-cleansing ingredients to the body, which is then wrapped in hot bandages.
As the popularity of body wraps have risen, Spas and salons are offering numerous types of body wraps to detoxify, slim down, exfoliate, moisturize, reduce cellulite, tighten skin, promote smooth and radiant skin etc.
Whatever the truth, Body wraps are a great way to provide relaxation to the body and mind. Though the Body Wrap menu is quite extensive, one particular type of wrap never fails to impress and attract people. With its delectable aroma and rich texture, Chocolate Body Wrap is a treat to the skin and senses and also among the most wanted body wraps of all times!
While Chocolate is a delicious and delightful treat for your taste buds, it is also quite good for your skin.
Chocolate treatments can help boost skin’s moisture content and stimulate cell renewal. Chocolate also contains caffeine, an ingredient that speeds up circulation to temporarily firm up the skin when it’s applied topically and because chocolate is an antioxidant, it can also help to protect the skin against wrinkle-causing skin damage.
A good quality chocolate wrap can make your skin feel hydrated, nourished and irresistibly soft and smooth to the touch.
Benefits of Chocolate for skin:
- Conditions and moisturizes the skin and eliminates impurities
- Increases circulation and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Helps in exfoliation and detoxification of skin
- Lactic acid from the milk in Chocolate promotes skin health
- Aroma of 100% pure dark chocolate helps release endorphins into our system which have a soothing effect on our mind and body. Endorphins act as natural analgesics for our bodies.
Chocolate body wraps is available in most of the Spa’s and Salons, right form your corner favorite to the posh one you visit to indulge yourself. These wraps are delightful and a treat but can get expensive. But is getting a Chocolate wrap at home possible? The answer is yes, BNI tells you how to give yourself a chocolate body wrap in the comfort of your own home and with ingredients of your choice.
You will need:
- Approx 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 5-6 strawberries
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup honey
- Clean brush for applying chocolate base
- Rubber Gloves
- Rolls of Plastic cling wrap and/or Thermal spa covering
- Essential oils and /or Natural Oils for the body massage
- Microwave & Blender
Depending upon your preferences and skin type, there are options you can choose from to add to your chocolate cream, such as Milk, Fresh Cream, Cinnamon powder, brown Sugar, Aloe Vera, Ginseng etc.
Place the chocolate chips in a glass microwave-safe dish and heat in the chocolate in Microwave for two minutes on medium heat, or until the chips are completely melted and smooth. Alternatively you can use water-bath to melt the chocolate chips.
Add 4-5 strawberries, 1/2 cup champagne and 1/3 cup honey in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Mix together the pureed mixture and the melted chocolate into a smooth and thick paste which can be spread on to the skin easily. Adjust the consistency as per your preference. Let the mixture cool to lukewarm consistency.
It is important to exfoliate your skin before applying the wrap so that the skin is clean and can absorb the goodness of the wrap easily. Exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating scrub or brush to remove dead cells from the skin’s surface and provide better results from the body wrap.
Wear your rubber gloves to avoid messy hands. Using a clean brush apply the Chocolate cream all over your body including face. Always start at your feet and work your way up to your neck. The more area you can cover the better.
Once the cream covers your entire body, spray on a mist of water and wrap your body thoroughly using a thermal spa covering or plastic cling wrap.
Lie down and relax in the delicious aroma of Choclate, let the chocolate body work on your skin. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. If necessary, spritz more water to keep the paste moist and easier to remove.
Now once you are done, carefully remove the plastic covering and rinse off the chocolate using lukewarm water. This can also be done in a hot tub to make it less messy.
Many people choose to get a body massage using chocolate oil at the end, in order to maximize the relaxation benefits of the chocolate body wrap.
The Chocolate body wrap treatment make take about an hour, excluding the prep time but it’s worth a try!
- If you find that you are uncomfortable from the sweating that occurs during your body wrap, place a cool, wet cloth on your forehead.
- You may need assistance applying the body wrap to hard-to-reach places on your body.
- Persons with high/low blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, pregnancy, or other conditions should consult their physicians before trying body wraps.
- Applying the chocolate wrap all over the body by yourself can be tricky, you might want to get someone to help you.
Now that you know the secret, go ahead, try this Chocolate Body Wrap and give your skin the indulgence it deserves. Now that’s what we call utter decadence.