On our Dossier this week we introduce Mr.Samir Srivastav of Jean-Claude Biguine India. Samir Srivastav is the Chief Executive Officer of Jean-Claude Biguine Salon and Spa, India. Spearheading India operations, he will focus on scaling Jean-Claude Biguine Salon and Spa’s successful operations in India. His 22 years of experience with reputed brands and corporates, led him to realize the need to introduce and encourage an international standard of quality service to clients. Samir applies his profound leadership qualities, exceptional business acumen and in depth knowledge and experience to extend the global premium “Biguine” hair and spa offerings and make it accessible to consumers in the country.
Samir has a strong experience in business building across a multitude of leadership roles as a Chief Executive Officer, Business Head, Executive Vice President, Regional Head and Country Manager. Prior to his current role at Jean-Claude Biguine Salon and Spa India, he was the Chief Executive Officer- Education, Spas, Franchise Operation at VLCC Health Care Limited in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh. His previous leadership positions at Marico helped him develop robust experience in sales, go-to-market strategy and people management. As the Executive Vice President and Regional Head for Kaya Skin Clinic in the Middle East, Samir was responsible for successfully heading the international business in this particular geography. His farsightedness and leadership skills helped Marico’s Kaya Skin Clinic and VLCC Institute win multiple awards and honourable titles over the years.
For two years, Samir also worked closely with the National Skill Development Agency, an autonomous body which coordinates and harmonizes the skill development efforts of the Government and the private sector to develop skilled workforces across industries. He played a key role in the progress made by the government to increase PPP ventures in the beauty industry in select states in the country. His arduous efforts in empowering the education sector have received acclaim and encouragement from the government apart from private sector. Having worked with the VLCC Institute, he is extremely confident about the growing talent pool in the beauty and wellness sector; and moreover found himself empowered and enthused enough to consider beauty as a vocation and a career.
- Jean-Claude Biguine is a 150 million euro global chain of salons and spas and One of the leading French beauty houses spanned across 20 countries with 400 salons and spas.
- The strengths at JCB comprise of Head to toe grooming, accessible price points, luxurious ambience, regular training, passionate professionals, expert innovative services, Talk of the town locations, fashionable and global trends and techniques, business intelligence marketing and PR.
- In 2008 JCB launched its flagship salon at Bandra and then moved on to expand at various prominent locations across Mumbai and also Bangalore.
- JCB boasts of 170 stylists and therapists, eighty salon management and corporate team with a customer base of 12,000 every month in an average of a growth of 27% a year.
Carole is the head of education and creative whilst Michael Baltazar is the training manager and Creative Director.
- Professional services at JCB range from Hair Makeovers, Beauty and Spa, Make Up, Nails and more…
JCB has received various accolades and awards in India for their professionals services and are expanding widely as one of the most prominent International chain of salons across India.
My experience has been a total of 12 years in India and internationally.
- Your views on the Indian Salon Industry.
The Indian Salon Industry is currently undergoing a very positive shift, both in terms of the customer and salon operators.
- What has been unique at JCB India?
At JCB India we introduce two collections each year from our Paris headquarters – Spring Summer Trends and Fall Winter Trends.
We pay great attention to Innovation, Training & Education and nurture strong media relations.
- What are the prominent services currently introduced at JCB?
In keeping with the growing demand for everything natural and organic, we have introduced Organic Spa manicures and pedicures. We also have an exclusive Biguine Bio Organic Facial. We have a variety of Hair Spa services from Moroccanoil Magnifique to System Professional Reborn Treatment and so on. We have a painless Brazilian Waxing Service (JCB uses Perron Rigot wax. We have recently launched Olaplex Haircuts. We retail an exclusive line of Italian Hair Accessories (Moliabal) and exclusively retail Aquis Hair Towels as well.
- Your vision at JCB.
Our vision includes —
Training & Education